- What are the benefits of Platelet-Rich Plasma or the PRP for joint pain?
- 1. The natural healing mechanism of the body is stimulated by PRP injections. The procedure is independent and does not require any foreign substance to enter the body.
- 2. Your own blood has an immense quantity of growth factors needed for rejuvenation & reproduction of healthy tissue. Platelet-Rich Plasma or the PRP injections activate such existing elements organically.
- 3. Surgeries can often be avoided in numerous MSK conditions through administering a course of PRP injections by gradual yet effective promoting of healthy & active tissue production.
- How Safe is the Growth Factor Therapy Treatment?
Platelet-Rich Plasma or the PRP is a very safe procedure because it is Autologous which means it is extracted from your own blood. Therefore, there are no risks of rejection or allergic reaction. The only real risk of PRP for joints is contamination.
At FAB Clinic, we use an enclose extraction system that eliminates open-air transfer containers, minimising any contamination.
- How soon will results from a PRP joint injection will be visible?
Results vary by the individual but on average 80% of results are visible in 2 -3 weeks. Full results will take 6 -8 weeks on average.
- How Long Results will last?
PRP results will last on average of one year. In the case of orthopaedic, PRP (i.e., joint injections), results can be permanent as the environment within which joints operate will change permanently. After that they will slowly decrease, that is why we recommend at least one treatment per year and for best performance even 2 to 4 treatments per year.
- Who should not have a PRP Treatment?
- Cancer or metastatic disease especially hematopoietic or of bone
- Platelet dysfunction syndrome
- Low platelet count
- Critical thrombocytopenia
- Patient with Septicemia
- Women that are pregnant or breastfeeding