- What should i do before my toxins armpit treatment?
Please arrive to appointment with shaved underarms (both males and females) and wearing a dark coloured loose fitting top. You will need to expose the area for treatment so a vest or sleeveless top is recommended. Deodorant can be worn to the appointment and will be removed by your doctor prior to your injections.
- How can i stop excessive sweating?
Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) can be stopped by injecting toxins in the armpits which like the hands and feet, tend to sweat more than other body parts.
- How do toxin injections stop excessive sweating?
Toxin injection blocks the signals for perspiration at the sweat glands and this stops the excessive sweating.
- Does the injection for hyperhidrosis stop underarm sweating immediately?
You should notice an improvement within roughly 7 days (results may vary from one person to the next).
- How long will my injection for hyperhidrosis result last?
Effects usually last for around 5-6 months. When you begin to notice the result wearing off you can normally use Driclor or another similar product to extend the result.
- What are the side effects of toxin injections for hyperhidrosis treatment?
Using injections to treat hyperhidrosis is a safe, well-established procedure with minimal risk. Common side effects of injecting toxins include bruising and swelling at the injection site, but these are temporary and should disappear within 48 hours of the procedure.
- Is the injection for excessive sweating safe for me?
It is firstly important to investigate why you are having excessive sweating as it may be an indication of an underlying condition – so we recommend you see GP when you first develop this symptom who can determine the cause of your excessive sweating. Treating the underlying condition if one is established to be causing hyperhiDo not undergo this treatment if you are:
• Allergic to any of the ingredients in toxins
• Living with a neuromuscular disorder (such as myasthenia gravis)
We will not use injections for treating hyperhidrosis if there is an infection at the injection site.